Excavation, Base Preparation and Backfill
- Over excavate by 300mm all around to all sides for backfill.
- Base preparation shall consist of excavating flat uniform surface to a depth of 100mm below the required level and backfilling with 10-12mm gravel for bedding of the tank.
- Where natural ground is extremely soft, over excavate by 200mm, compact 100mm of 50-75mm ballast into the surface and backfill to the required level with 10-12mm gravel.
- Complete backfilling with approved granular material such as sand compacted in 150mm layers to 90% maximum dry density in accordance with AS3798.
- After installation of the tank, backfilling shall be raised evenly around the tank with a maximum backfill height differential of 400mm at any time.
Chain of Responsibility
Ri-Industries takes our involvement in the ‘Chain of Responsibility’ very seriously, ensuring that we comply with the compliance and enforcement (C&E) legislation in relation to potential road safety breaches. We exercise due care and take reasonable steps to prevent breaches of road safety law, and we expect our business partners to do the same. This includes ‘third party transport’ collection of goods from our premises. All transport providers collecting goods from our premises will be required to prove compliance or provide details of the relevant person within the business that we are able to contact for compliance details. This ensures all parties within the ‘Chain of Responsibility’ are protected via the reasonable steps defence measure.