Get your rainwater tank in time for the ‘rainy season’ in South Australia. We get most of our
rainfall during the winter months of June, July and August, so now is a great time to get
prepared. Let’s look at some of the benefits of using a Ri-Industries concrete rainwater tank.
Rainwater harvesting is a technique used for collecting, storing and using rainwater for
landscape irrigation and other uses. It’s popular in South Australia due to its numerous benefits
● Reduces water bills
● Provides an alternative water supply during water restrictions
● Helps maintain a green and healthy garden
● Depending upon the tank size and climate, rainwater harvesting can reduce mains water
use by 100%
● Decreases storm water runoff, thereby helping to reduce local flooding.
● Rainwater causes less erosion to household appliances due to their low salinity content
● Rainwater is softer than mains water which may mean you use less soap, detergent, and
What are the benefits of our concrete rainwater tank? Concrete rainwater tanks offer a number
● The water stays cooler.
● No algae develops.
● The water has no after-taste.
● They are vandal-proof and fire-proof.
● Being underground means they are out of sight and don’t take up much of your valuable
● Concrete is stronger and more durable.
How much water can be saved using our concrete rainwater tanks? A family of four with a
100m² roof catchment area and a 1000L tank can capture enough rainwater in one year to:
● Flush a toilet 2X/day per person
● Fill a 150L tub to provide a bath for one person per week
● Run a sprinkler system for one hour 5X/week
● Use dishwasher every day
● Give a 5 minute shower to each person 2X/week
Good for the environment + saves money = a great investment! Call us at 08 8444 8100 to
speak with one of our experts and learn about installing a concrete rainwater collection tank at your home.