Ri Industries provides quality septic systems for human waste, but what about those who share their home with furry family members? An environmentally friendly method to dispose of pet waste is needed as well.
Search online and you will find doggie septic systems you can purchase; or you can follow these step-by step instructions we found on thebark.com and build one yourself.
- Take an old plastic rubbish container and drill a dozen or so holes in the sides.
- Cut out the bottom. (A keyhole saw works great for this.)
- Dig a hole deep enough for the rubbish container.
- Toss some rocks or gravel in the hole for drainage and position the rubbish container so it’s a little above ground level.
- Place the lid on top. (You might want to paint something like “Dog Waste Composter” across the lid.)
- Start scooping
It is recommended you sprinkle some septic starter when you add poop. The septic starter should begin to work within 48 hours and you can then add poop daily.
What do you think? It seems simple enough and after a little bit of work you have a clean and environmentally way to dispose of pet waste. Let us know how it works if you decide to give it a try.