Polytrench plastic effluent trench
The plumber’s choice for septic tank or stormwater drainage in unserviced areas
- A simple, economical and fast way to lay effluent trench
- Premium grade high density polypropylene with UV filter injected to give high impact strength
- Lapping joint
- Specially designed slots on either side allow the water to penetrate into the surroundings but retain the settled sludge within the Polytrench, ensuring longer life
- End caps available
General installation information
- Check with your relevant Health Department before starting to lay Polytrench. On a level contour excavate a trench to the required length, 1,200mm wide and to the required depth below the end of the septic tank outlet pipe. Ensure that the trench bottom is level.
- Lay the interconnecting units centrally in the excavation (fit moulded end caps to the end of each run).
- Connect the tank outlet pipe into the top of the first piece of Polytrench.
- Backfill with 40mm aggregate to the top of the Polytrench ensuring that there are 300mm of aggregate on either side of the units.
- Cover the aggregate and the Polytrench with trench fabric/geotextile.
- Backfill with suitable material.
|Polytrench plastic effluent trench