Congratulations, you’ve purchased a new septic tank system for your home! What comes next? Preparation for the delivery and installation of the septic tank. Don’t worry, we’ll do all the hard work, but it will be made easier if you understand the process.
Your first question may be, “What happens with the existing septic tank on my property?” if you already have a septic tank. That’s a great question. The answer will be up to the installer of the new septic tank. Often, they will choose to leave the old tank in the ground. The soil they dig out for the hole for the new tank will be used to fill the old tank and bury it. This is more cost effective than removing the tank. Once the new tank is installed the plumber will run a new line to the new tank.
Your second question may be, “How do you get that large tank onto my property?” Another great question. As you can imagine, our trucks are large. They measure 10 metres long and 2.5 metres wide, therefore we need to assess the best way to unload your tank, taking factors into account such as:
- We will need to reverse up to the hole therefore easy access is very important
- A clear, level site is required to unload the tank in your excavated area
- 4.7 metres is needed for the truck to pass under trees and overhead power lines
- A minimum height clearance of 8 metres is required when unloading
- 4 metres clearance is required between gate posts.
- Once the truck is in position to complete the lift/delivery of the tank it needs an area of 6m wide and 10.5m long for the outriggers and rotation of the crane.
If you have concerns about the delivery of your new septic tanks, please don’t worry. We offer FREE on-site visit inspections by one of our drivers if we have one in the area. If not, we will speak with you over the phone about the site conditions to help make the process as smooth as possible.
Do you have questions? We will be happy to answer! Please call Ri-Industries at 08 8444 8100.