Are you considering installing a concrete rainwater tank on your property? There are many benefits to having a rainwater tank. Here are 10 facts about rainwater tanks that may help you to make your decision to use a rainwater tank.
- Collecting rainwater is environmentally beneficial and a socially responsible way to use a natural resource.
- When water restrictions are imposed by government to help conserve water, rainwater tanks are an excellent alternative.
- Fewer than 20% of households in Australia use a rainwater tank.
- Rainwater can be used for drinking purposes if collected and stored properly.
- Over 40 percent of households in Adelaide have installed rainwater tanks–significantly higher than Sydney, Melbourne and other populous areas.
- A toilet can be flushed with rainwater.
- Around 55,000 litres of water could be collected from a 100m2 roof area and used to supply part of your household’s water needs.
- Washing your clothes with rainwater is safe and often a preferred method of laundering.
- Creativity is not lost when installing an above-ground water tank. Ri-Industries’ pre-cast tanks can be painted to blend into your landscape for an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Rainwater tanks are a cost effective way to collect and use water which reduces use of mains water and saves you money on your water bill.
If you are considering a rainwater tank as a viable option for your household in Adelaide or South Australia, Ri-Industries is sure to have what you are looking for. We offer above-ground and underground pre-cast concrete rainwater tanks. Contact us to further discuss your needs.