What is Trade Waste? It is liquid wastewater from a commercial or industrial entity that enters the sewer system. Some trade waste must be pre-treated before entering the sewer system. In those cases, trade waste arresters are used to stop harmful trade waste entering the drainage system where it may affect people or the environment. The arresters capture the waste and allow it to settle and separate. The treated wastewater can then safely enter the sewer system while the harmful waste can be disposed of.
Ri-Industries makes several trade waste arresters which meet a variety of needs and offer a multitude of benefits:
- Made from precast concrete with a strength of 50 MPa at 28 days.
- A number of different trade waste arresters are available including silt, grease and detention tanks.
- All inlets suit HDPE pipes for easier connection.
- Gas-tight lids set in precast concrete can also be supplied, as well as extension risers.
- Increments and trafficable, gas-tight, heavy duty cast iron/concrete covers are available.
- Units are lowered into the excavation site providing the site is level, firm and accessible.
- All units are SA Water approved.
Maintenance is simple as our trade waste arrestors are particularly strong and built to last. The arrester is designed to trap all fats and oils contained in the washwater. Therefore, it should be completely cleaned out at three-monthly intervals or more frequently if necessary, following SA Water recommendations. Tank waste must not be discharged to the sewage system.
More information regarding the Ri-Industries Trade Waste Arresters can be found on our website. A product catalogue is also available for download for your convenience. Of course, the best way to learn about our products is to call us at 08 8444 8100 and speak to one of our experts. We look forward to hearing from you!