Trade waste arrestors are used to stop harmful trade waste from entering the drainage system where it could harm people or the environment. Arrestors vary in both size and type depending upon the type of trade waste produced. Ri-Industries offers a number of options to best suit your needs.
Why choose a trade waste arrestor manufactured by Ri-Industries? Here are just some of the benefits:
- Made from precast concrete with a strength of 50 MPa at 28 days.
- A number of different trade waste arrestors are available including silt, grease and detention tanks.
- All inlets suit HDPE pipes for easier connection.
- Gas-tight lids set in precast concrete can also be supplied, as well as extension risers.
- Increments and trafficable, gas-tight, heavy duty cast iron/concrete covers are available.
- Units are lowered into the excavation site providing the site is level, firm and accessible.All units are SA Water approved.
Ri-Industries also provides installation of the arrestors. Some key details about the installation:
- Outside installations must be a minimum of 50mm above ground level to exclude stormwater.
- Chequerplate covers can be fitted with recessed drop handles and/or frame to suit brick paved areas.
- Cast iron covers can be supplied.
- Epoxy coating is available upon request.
- Increments are available on request.
- Heavy duty and light duty concrete covers with cast in cast iron covers and frames are available.
- Trade waste arresters are available as either oil and grease arrestors, settling pits or acid neutraliser pits.
Before delivery of the trade waste arrestor, there are steps you will need to take to prepare the site. You can find information about the preparation here.
Once the trade waste has been installed and is in use, you will want to ensure it is properly maintained. Our trade waste arrestors are particularly strong and built to last. The arrestor is designed to trap all fats and oils contained in the wash water. Therefore, it should be completely cleaned out at three-monthly intervals or more frequently if necessary, following SA Water recommendations. Tank waste must not be discharged to the sewage system.
If you’d like to learn more about our trade waste arrestors or any of our products, please call 08 8444 8100 and we will be happy to assist you.