There are few things more unpleasant than non-functioning septic tanks. The cost of repair, the inconvenience, and oh …. the smell! No need for excessive worry because maintaining healthy septic tanks can be fairly simple once you are armed with some knowledge. Ri Industries has gathered such knowledge to share with you:
- Do not overload your septic system
- Use water sparingly
- Do only full dishwasher loads, and full washing machine loads, at off-peak times if possible
- Do not put kitchen grease down the drain
- Do not flush cigarettes, feminine products, disposable nappies, or other inorganic materials down the toilet
- Do not put petrol, oil, anti-freeze, paint, paint thinner, pesticides, etc., down the drain
- Do not flush medicines
- Only use cleaning products approved for septic tanks
- Check all plumbing fixtures for leaks.
Learn more about maintaining healthy septic tanks by calling Ri Industries on 08 8444 8100.